The Graham Cracker Crumbs have a hint of spice, cookie-like texture and is keto-friendly with no preservatives. The freshly baked graham crackers can be used in several recipes. The entire recipe only has 12 net carbs!
I love recipes with graham crackers in them. There are so many different dessert recipes that call for graham crackers. Around the holidays I like baking Cheesecake using this crust, recipe coming soon, and the Triple Layer Cheesecake Bars that call for graham cracker crumbs. My grandma has a cookie recipe that uses graham crackers adding butter and other ingredients for a tasty cookie. I added that cookie recipe to my keto recipe lists to make in the future. I will keep you posted on that recipe. Using freshly baked crumbs instead of the store-bought kind tastes so much better and is healthier for you!
How to make Graham Cracker Crumbs
To make the Graham Cracker Crumbs combine the almond flour, cinnamon, sweetener in a small mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and mix until it looks like wet sand.
Roll the dough into a ball and place it on a piece of parchment paper. Press down with your hands to about 1/8″ thick. The thinner the dough the crispier it will become. If you want it less crispy then you can press it to 1/4″ thick. You can also place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll it out with a rolling pin.
Bake 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Take the graham cracker crumb out of the oven and let it cool. Once it is cool, break up the pieces into small chunks if you want more texture in your crust. If you want the traditional crumble crust then place it in a bag and use a rolling pin to break up the graham cracker into smaller pieces.
This graham cracker recipe, which is made keto-friendly, can be used in any recipe that calls for graham cracker crumbs. It tastes even better than the traditional graham cracker crumbs and is so much better for you. There are no preservatives or refined sugars in it.
How to Make Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp sweetener granulated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a small-sized mixing bowl combine the almond flour, sweetener, and cinnamon.
- Add the melted butter and mix until it looks like wet sand.
- Press down with your hands to about 1/8" thick. The thinner the dough the crispier it will become. If you want it less crispy then you can press it to 1/4" thick.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely. Once cooled, break it up with your hands into small pieces. You can place it in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to break it up into smaller crumbs.
- This recipe will make 1 graham cracker crust.
- This crust fits into 9″ springform pan.