This delicious Iced Coffee Protein Drink recipe is easy to make. The hint of cinnamon, a boost of protein from collagen peptides and almond butter gives this coffee drink a rich and creamy taste! It makes a great morning or afternoon pick me up or a post-workout breakfast.
This iced coffee protein drink is easy to whip up and it has just a few ingredients. It’s the perfect afternoon pick me up or a healthy breakfast drink! It’s creamy, satisfying, and delicious.
I usually make this coffee drink at least twice a week, either for breakfast or in the afternoon when I need a little bit more energy. The flavors in this coffee drink taste just like a Starbucks monthly special drink. It makes 2 servings. I give the other serving to my daughter who loves iced coffee! When it comes to coffee drinks she is very particular about her coffee choices. She loves Starbucks which is hard to beat. What teenager doesn’t like Starbucks? But after giving this recipe a try I think I nailed it! She has been asking me to make it a lot and hasn’t been to Starbucks recently. That is a win in my book!
If you are craving a monthly special Starbuck’s drinks (I am guilty) this coffee drink, with the added cinnamon, will satisfy your coffee craving. Bonus! It’s doesn’t have all the sugar and junk in it and it saves time and money. It’s a healthy protein coffee drink that you can blend together and take on the go for those days that you are in a hurry.
How to make Iced Coffee Protein Drink
It’s important to make the coffee on the stronger side to bring out more of a coffee flavor. The almond butter adds healthy fats and protein and combining it with the protein powder makes it a smooth frothy drink.
Here is what you will need:
- Almond butter
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Protein powder
Here are the ingredients to make this Coffee Drink.
I make a regular cup of coffee (8 oz.) for this recipe. I like a stronger coffee flavor, so I use a dark roast blend of coffee. There is no need to chill it. Note: A cold brew coffee shouldn’t be substituted for the coffee recipe.
Add the coffee, almond milk, almond butter, sugar, protein powder, cinnamon, and ice cubes to a blender. Blend on high until smooth and frothy.
If you don’t like cinnamon, that’s okay. You can leave it out, but for those cinnamon lovers, it spices it up!!! If you love coffee and you need a quick and easy recipe for on the go, give this one a try!
If you want a nut-free version of this Iced Coffee Protein Drink, see Notes.
Iced Coffee Protein Drink
- 1 cup coffee brewed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Almond butter
- 1 scoop Protein powder
- 1/8 cup Powdered sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups Ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed.
- I brew a cup of coffee and add it to the blender hot. There is no need to chill it.
- Adding a small amount of cinnamon gives a bit more flavor. If you are not a cinnamon fan then you can substitute it with vanilla extract or leave it out completely.
- The almond butter adds a thicker consistency, but you can leave it out if you want to have a nut-free version.
- Almond milk can be substitited for heavy cream or coconut milk for a nut-free version. Adding heavy cream will increase the macros slightly.
- If you like your smoothie on the sweeter side you can add more sweetener to it.