Making Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs has never been so quick and easy! The yolk is creamy good and the outer white part of the egg is soft and delicious! They come out perfect every time and are so easy to peel.
I use to make hard-boiled eggs the old-fashioned way, boiling them on the stove. I didn’t make them very often because I had to wait for the water to boil and then wait for them to cook. Plus I had to watch the eggs so they wouldn’t boil over or burn. Also, I wasn’t able to leave the kitchen. Not anymore! With the Instant Pot, making hard-boiled eggs is a snap!
My life is busy with teenage kids and we are always running from place to place. There is never time to wait for eggs to boil on the stove. Buying the Instant Pot was the best purchase I ever made! Especially if you are always on the go like I am.
I make a batch, usually 8-12 eggs every week. Almost every morning, Boris takes 2 hard-boiled eggs and bacon to work. He leaves super early in the morning to workout before starting his day. Having these eggs cooked ahead is the perfect grab and go breakfast or keto snack.
The Instant Pot cooks them to perfection. They are never overcooked or undercooked. The inside yolk is so creamy and delicious. Not only can you eat them by themselves, if you have leftover eggs, you can also make these amazing Keto Classic Deviled Eggs. I make extra eggs, at times, just so I can make the deviled eggs too. My family loves them and they quickly disappear! I am excited to share with you how we go about making these Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs. Give them a try!
Here is what you will need:
- Instant Pot
I usually add a dozen or fewer eggs to the Instant Pot. You can cook 2-12 eggs with these instructions.
How to make Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs
Place the metal insert into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the eggs on top of the insert and add 1 cup of cold water.
Seal the pressure cooker lid. Set to “Manual” (high-pressure) and set the timer for 8 minutes, if you like your eggs fully cooked. Otherwise, see “Notes” in the recipe card below if you like your eggs on the softer side.
Once the pressure cooker comes to full pressure, about 5 minutes, then the time will start counting down to 8 minutes. When the timer is done, do a “Quick Release”.
Transfer the eggs to a bowl and run cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking process. These hard-boiled eggs are so easy to peel and taste better than boiling them on the stove.
Enjoy the easy-peel perfect hard-boiled eggs!
Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Cold water For 6 quart Instant Pot
- Place the metal insert into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the eggs on top of the insert and add 1 cup of cold water.
- Close the lid and press the "Manual" button (high pressure) and set the timer for 8 minutes (See Notes). When the timer is done, do a "Quick Release".
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl and run cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking process.
- Enjoy the easy-peel perfect hard-boiled eggs!
- 8 minutes in the Instant Pot will result in a firm cooked yolk.
- 6 minutes in the Instant Pot will result in a medium soft yolk.
- 4 minutes in the Instant Pot will result in a soft yolk.
- Same instructions apply if you want to make 2-12 eggs in the Instant Pot.
- The unpeeled eggs can be stored in the refriderator up to 4 days.
- The recipe is for a 6-quart Instant Pot.
- We prepare hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot every week. It is easy to grab and go for breakfast in the morning.