This Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili is the ultimate comfort meal! Healthy, low-carb, pressure cooker meal made in 40 minutes. It tastes like its been simmering for hours!
Who doesn’t love a big bowl of chili on a cold and rainy day? This recipe is based on my grandma’s chili recipe. I have been making it for my family for the past 10 years. It has evolved over time and today I perfected it making it keto-friendly! It is the best keto chili ever! Before pressure cookers, I would simmer this chili on the stove for hours just like Grandma did. The longer you simmer chili the deeper the flavors become.
If you’re like me, your days are likely filled with kid activities, helping with homework, cleaning, cooking and food shopping. We just don’t have time to simmer chili all day! Making this chili with an Instant Pot speeds up the process. You can still have my Grandma’s chili that tastes like it’s has been cooking all day, but it only takes 40 minutes! That’s it!
Whenever I need a quick and hearty meal this Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili is one of my favorite go-to recipes. I like to top it with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and pepperoncini peppers. You can eat it plain or add any topping of your choice.
How to Make Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili
I make this Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili at least 2 times a month. I usually double the recipe because we love to have leftovers for the week. This Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili so easy to prepare and the Instant Pot does all the hard work for you!
Here is what you will need:
- Grass-fed ground beef
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Chicken or beef broth
- Chili powder
- Tabasco sauce
- Jalepano pepper
- Salt and Pepper
The first thing you will want to do is set your Instant Pot to the “Saute” mode. Add the ground beef and chopped onion to the pan.
Saute the ground beef and onion until brown. I use grass-fed ground beef which doesn’t have a lot of fat forming so there is no need to drain the beef. Add garlic, chili powder, vinegar, tabasco sauce, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
Pour in one cup of beef or chicken broth. DO NOT STIR!!! This prevents the beef from burning while being under pressure.
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and jalapenos on top (you can omit the jalapenos if you don’t like spicy chili) and DO NOT STIR!!!
Close the lid and press the “Manual” button (high pressure) and set the timer for 10 minutes. When the timer is done, let it “Natural Pressure Release” for 10 minutes. Then after the 10 minutes do a “Quick Release”.
Stir thoroughly. If you like your chili on the thicker side as I do, then turn on the Instant Pot to “Saute” mode and let the chili cook uncovered for about 5-10 minutes longer. Serve with cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and pepperoncinies (banana peppers).
Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 15 oz Tomato sauce no sugar
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste no sugar
- 1 cup Beef or Chicken broth
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 5 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt fine ground
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- Turn on your Instant Pot to "Saute" mode and add ground beef and chopped onion. Saute until browned. I use grass-fed beef which doesn't have a lot of fat forming so there is no need to drain the beef.
- After the meat is browned add garlic, chili powder, vinegar, tabasco sauce, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour in one cup of beef or chicken broth. DO NOT STIR!!! This prevents the beef from burning while being under pressure.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste and sliced jalapeno on top and DO NOT STIR!!!
- Close the lid and press the "Pressure Cook" button (high pressure) and set the time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer is done, let it "Natural Pressure Release" for 10 minutes. Then after the 10 minutes do a "quick release".
- Stir thoroughly. If you like your chili on the thicker side as I do, then turn the Instant Pot to "Saute" mode and let the chili cook uncovered for about 5-10 minutes.
- You can substitue the fresh garlic cloves for garlic powder. Use 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You can substitue the onion for onion powder. Use 1 tsp. onion powder.
- For the tomato sauce, you can find no sugar in the ingredients. Check the labels.
- I usually have chicken broth on hand, plus it doesn’t have sugar in it, as beef broth usually does. So I usually use chicken broth, but the beef broth does add a bit more richness to the sauce.
- If you like your chili spicy you can add more tabasco sauce.’
- I use apple cider vinegar, but you can substitute it for distilled white vinegar.