These Tomato-Mozzarella Skewers are made with fresh cherry tomatoes, small mozzarella balls and topped with our Spinach Pesto Sauce that is nut-free! It’s the perfect appetizer for your next party! It also makes for an amazing Keto snack!!!
The Perfect Party Appetizer!
Who doesn’t love Caprese Salad? This Tomato-Mozzarella Skewer recipe is simple to make and your guests will be so impressed! I love the classic Caprese salad with the olive, basil and balsamic vinegar, but I wanted to change things up a bit and make it more Keto-friendly.
Adding our Spinach Pesto Sauce that is keto-friendly and nut-free to the tomatoes and mozzarella balls give it a fresh, nutty, garlic flavor that you don’t get from the Classic Caprese.
This summer I planted one cherry tomato plant and I probably got over 500 cherry tomatoes. I am not kidding! Fresh tomatoes from the garden are so delicious and just don’t compare to the store-bought ones. Below is my tomato haul! That’s just one picking.
I love having a garden that produces so many veggies. Especially when I am invited to a party and need to bring a dish. It’s so hard to decide what dish to bring because you want to make sure the guests will enjoy it! Making the Tomato-Mozzarella Skewers is so easy to assemble and the guests will love it! The Spinach Pesto is a breeze to make and is nut-free. I don’t have to stress anymore over what dish to bring to a party!
The Tomato-Mozzarella Keto Snack! It’s not fancy!
If you aren’t planning on hosting a party any time soon, then you can still enjoy this recipe. I call it the casual, not fancy, tomato mozzarella pesto keto snack. I take a small container, similar to these, mix together 4 tomatoes and 4 mozzarella balls and add 1 Tablespoon of the Spinach Pesto and you have the best keto snack. The Spinach Pesto Sauce makes about 8 servings of this tomato mozzarella pesto keto snack. It’s the best grab and go keto snack for when you are in a hurry.
How to make Tomato-Mozzarella Skewers
The rich nutty and garlic flavor from the Spinach Pesto adds so much flavor to the fresh tomatoes and mozzarella balls. These skewers are fun to eat and the clean up is so easy. If you are eating keto, it’s the perfect appetizer to bring to any party!
Here is what you will need:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella balls in water
- Wooden skewers
- Spinach Pesto Sauce
These are super quick and easy to assemble. Wash the cherry tomatoes and dry them with a paper towel. Drain the water from the fresh mozzarella balls. Take a skewer and slide a tomato on to the skewer and then add a mozzarella ball. Alternate the tomato and then the mozzarella ball until you have 4 of each on a skewer.
Prepare the Spinach Pesto Sauce. Once all of the Tomato-Mozzarella Skewers are assembled, place them on a plate and drizzle the Pesto Sauce making sure to evenly cover the skewers. It’s the perfect party appetizer!
- 4 Wooden skewers
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes firm
- 12 Small Mozzarella Balls fresh in water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 batch Spinach Pesto Sauce
- Prepare Spinach Pesto Sauce.
- Wash and dry cherry tomatoes.
- Drain the water from the fresh mozzarella balls.
- Take a skewer and add 1 tomato and then 1 mozzarella ball and repeat until you have a total of 4 tomatoes and 3 mozzarellas on the skewer.
- Continue with the rest of the skewers until you have a total of 4 skewers
- Place the skewers on a serving tray and drizzle the Pesto Sauce over each skewer.
- If you want to make 8 servings you can double the recipe or put less tomato and mozzarella on each skewer.
- If you want a keto snack: Take 4 tomatoes and 4 mozzarellas and place them in a bowl and mix in 1 Tablespoon of the Spinach Pesto Sauce. We eat this for a snack all the time. It is an easy make ahead snack.