These Triple Layer Cheesecake Bars are one of my all-time favorite keto desserts! The cheesecake filling is layered on top of a nutty chocolate graham cracker crust then topped with a rich chocolate ganache. The keto bars are seriously addicting!
If you love chocolate cheesecake these bars are for you! The nutty chocolate graham cracker crust with the sweet cheesecake filling combined with the decadent chocolate topping is seriously addicting. The dark chocolate topping is smooth and rich tasting. The cheesecake filling is sweet, creamy and balances out the chocolate in these bars. The bottom layer is my favorite part of this bar. It has chocolate, pecans, and our homemade graham cracker crumbs all mixed together to form this amazing crust. The graham cracker crumbs add a kick of spice and cookie-like texture making the Triple Layer Cheesecake Bars hands down the BEST 3 layer bars!!!
My family loves these bars!
My family loves to bake cookies, bar cookies, pies, and candy during the holiday season. It seems like the perfect time to dig out my favorite holiday recipes, turn on some holiday music, light a candle and get baking. The Triple Layer Cheesecake Bars were one of the recipes I used to make years ago around the holidays. I have several recipe books that I have gathered over the years and recently I opened up my favorite one. It is full of my Grandma’s recipes that I have kept for the last 40 years.
I found this recipe in my Grandma’s recipe book and read through the ingredients and realized that this dessert bar recipe needed a keto makeover. So I went to work on changing up the ingredients, keeping it low-carb, and adjusting the flavors to make it the BEST keto Triple Layer Cheesecake Bars. If you are craving a delicious keto dessert, then you definitely need to try this one!
My kids love it when I experiment with dessert recipes because they get to eat all the “failed” ones, which really aren’t failed ones, they just need a little adjusting here and there. BTW, these cheesecake layer bars are so delicious! They won’t last long!
How to make Triple Layer Cheesecake Bars
These keto layer bars are really easy to make. Each layer needs to be chilled in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes to set. Trust me, the chilling time is worth the wait!!!
Here is what you will need:
- Almond flour
- Chocolate chips, I use Lilly’s
- Cream cheese
- How to make graham cracker crumbs – see below for recipe and directions or click on link for a 9″ crust
If you are using store-bought graham cracker crumbs you can skip this part of the recipe. However, I highly recommend making this homemade graham cracker crumbs recipe. It is keto-friendly with no preservatives. Besides, who doesn’t love eating freshly baked graham cracker crust?
How to make the Graham Cracker Crumbs
To make the Graham Cracker Crumbs (if you want to use this recipe for a 9″ crust- How to make graham cracker crumbs) combine the almond flour, cinnamon, sweetener (Swerve) in a small mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and mix until it looks like wet sand.
Roll the dough into a ball and place it on a piece of parchment paper. Press down with your hands to about 1/8″ thick. The thinner the dough the crispier it will become. If you want it less crispy then you can press it to 1/4″ thick. You can also place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll it out with a rolling pin.
Bake 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Take the graham cracker crumb out of the oven and let it cool. Once it is cool, break up the pieces into small chunks if you want more texture in your crust. If you want the traditional crumble crust then place it in a bag and use a rolling pin to break up the graham cracker into smaller pieces.
This graham cracker recipe, which is made keto, can be used in any recipe that calls for graham cracker crumbs. It tastes even better than the traditional graham cracker crumbs and is so much better for you. There are no preservatives or refined sugars in it.
Let’s make the Triple Layer Cheesecake Bars. Yum!!!
How to make the Triple Layer Cheesecake Bars
The steps in making this recipe are simple and quick. The waiting time, well, is worth it in the end!!!
Here are the ingredients you will need for these amazing layer bars. This is a no-bake keto layer bar that is guilt-free.
How to make the 1st layer (crust)
Take an 8″ x 13″ pan and line it with parchment paper. It will be easier to take the bars out of the pan with the parchment paper.
In a saucepan melt the butter and chocolate chips over low heat. Once the butter is melted take the pan off the heat and add the nuts and graham cracker crumbs into the pan and mix well.
Pour the graham cracker, melted chocolate and butter mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan evenly spreading it out.
Chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until firm to the touch. It should be hard to the touch before adding the 2nd layer.
How to make the 2nd layer (cheesecake filling)
In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, sweetener (Swerve), and vanilla.
Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula to get all the ingredients combined.
Spread the cheesecake filling evenly on top of the 1st layer (crust) covering all of the crust.
The 2nd layer (cheesecake filling) is done. Place it in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until it is firm to the touch. It’s important that the filling is set completely before adding the chocolate ganache to the top.
How to make the 3rd layer (chocolate ganache topping)
In a saucepan melt the butter and chocolate chips on low heat. Once melted spread evenly over the top of the cheesecake layer. I shake the pan slightly side to side to get an even coat of chocolate.
Place it in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until firm on top.
The hardest part of making this dessert is the waiting time. I want to dig in and have a bit right away! But it is worth the wait! Once you have a small bite you won’t be able to resist another bite and then another one. Trust me! That’s what happened to me!!! It will be all gone before you know it.
Triple Layer Cheesecake Bars Keto
Graham crackers crumbs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 1/4 tbsp sweetener granulated
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/4 tbsp butter melted
1 st layer – crust
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2nd layer – filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sweetener powdered
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
3rd layer – top
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Take an 8" x 13" pan and line it with parchment paper.
1st Layer – crust
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and chocolate chips on low heat. Once melted, take it off the heat and add the nuts and graham cracker crumbs and mix together.
- Place the mixture into the bottom of the lined pan and spread evenly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
2nd Layer – filling
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, blend together softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake filling evenly over top the chilled crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until firm to the touch. It is important to have the filling chilled firmly.
3rd Layer – top
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and chocolate chips on low heat. Take it off the heat and spread it on top of the cheesecake filling. I shake the pan slightly side to side to get a smooth finish on top.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until firm to the touch. The longer it chills in the refrigerator the better.
- The graham cracker crumbs recipe amounts are for this recipe only.
- If you want to use the graham cracker recipe for a 9″ pie crust click here.
- This dessert is a no-bake recipe.
- You can substitute pecans for walnuts.
- It is chilled in the refriderator after each layer is added.
- You can use graham cracker crumbs instead of making the homemade to speed up the process. Our homemade Graham Cracker Crumb recipe is keto-friendly.
- Take the bars out of the refriderator 10 minutes before you are going to serve them. They are a lot easier to cut!